You are using an outdated/unsupported browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Support Center

Tax Form 1099-R

What is a 1099-R?
This tax document is for accounts who have taken a qualified or unqualified distribution from a retirement account. These are the current list of retirements accounts you can have on M1:

  1. Traditional
  2. Roth
  3. SEP

How do I know if I should receive a 1099-R?
M1 will always notify you via email if you are eligible for a tax document. If you withdrew money (distribution) from your retirement account, you will receive this document.

Where can I find this document? 
Log into your M1 account, click your name at the top right and select "Settings".


After, select the "Documents" tab and you will see a checkbox for "Tax Forms". Once that is selected, you will see the tax form(s) if you are eligible to view them: 


If I received a 1099-R, what should I do with it? 
M1 Finance does not provide legal or tax advice. Make sure you consult with a legal or tax professional if you have any questions on how this tax document will impact you.


Have more questions? Submit a request