There are two ways to link your bank account to M1: instantly with plaid, or manually via microdeposits.
Plaid allows you to securely link your supporting bank account immediately with your online banking login credentials.
Microdeposits require your routing and account number and can take 3-5 business days.
Please note, you must verify your email before your bank can be connected.
- Navigate to “Invest” and select “Bank Connection”
- Select “Connect instantly”
- Select your bank from the list or use the search bar
- Enter the username and password you use for online banking
- Select the bank account you would like to link to your M1 account
Don’t see your bank?
- Return to the “Bank Connection” screen
- Select “Connect Manually”
- Enter the name of your bank, and account type (checking or savings)
- Enter your routing number and your account number. If you don’t know this information, it can be found on a check or account statement.
- Click “Submit”
- In 2-3 business days, you will see two small deposits into your bank account from MOFI or M1MOFI.
- Once you have received the microdeposits, log into your M1 account and go back to "Bank Connection." Click on "Verify" and enter in the value of the 2 small amounts that showed up in your bank account (sometimes you will need to reverse the order).
Once Step 7 is complete, you have connected your bank and you can start investing in your M1 account.