To wire money into your M1 Invest account use the following instructions:
Bank Name: BMO Harris Bank
Bank Address: 111 W. Monroe St., Chicago, IL 60603
Account Name: Apex Clearing
Account #: 3713286
Memo: "Your Name" and "Account Number"
Note: Your name should match your name on your M1 account exactly.
Your M1 account number will start with 5Q or 5M and can be located in Settings.
Wires can only be sent into your M1 Invest account. We do not support wires into M1 Spend accounts at this time.
If you need further help, please contact M1 Support.
Wire Money From M1 Invest
To wire money from your M1 Invest account, please note that this also must be done from an M1 Invest account only. M1 Spend accounts are not able to send wire transfers.
*Please Note: There is a $25 fee to complete an outgoing wire transfer. The $25 fee is in addition to the wire amount requested and will be deducted from the account balance. If insufficient funds are in the account to cover the fee, the cash balance in your account will be negative and securities will be sold to cover the fee.
To get started, please contact M1 Support and confirm the following information:
- Amount of Transfer
- Receiving Account Number
- Receiving Account Routing Number
- Reason for Initiating a Wire Transfer
Please note the following additional Information:
- To wire funds to an outside account that is not currently connected with your M1 Invest account: Please provide a signed letter of acceptance from the receiving institution and signed by the receiving institution with the name, company address, phone number, and indication that they accept the wire transfer. Additionally, please provide documentation of the wire instructions (account number, routing number, etc.).
- If you intend to wire to a separate personal bank account OR you have not made any transfers to M1 through this personal bank account yet: Please provide a copy of the bank statement for the account as well as a copy of your government issued ID to approve the transfer.
- Currently, Wire transfers are only able to be executed from the Invest account. Spend account wire transfers are not eligible.
- Please make sure the funds intended to wire are in the cash balance of the account and are settled from any trades.
- All new deposits into the M1 Invest account require a 6 business day holding period before they can be withdrawn. After 6 business days, the funds can be transferred via wire.