What is Auto-Invest?
With Auto Invest, M1 intelligently allocates money from every deposit to ensure your portfolio stays on track.
That means you can invest cash into your Pie and maintain your investment targets without any manual calculations.
Auto-Invest all my cash
Most M1 users manage their portfolio with auto-invest turned on.
With Auto-Invest on, any time your cash balance meets or exceeds $25, M1 will automatically invest your cash balance into your portfolio.
To select this option, turn Auto-Invest on and set your minimum cash balance to $0.
Auto-Invest my cash over a specific amount
- You can set a minimum cash balance that will remain uninvested in your account.
- Trading will be initiated once your cash balance is at least $25 over that set amount.
- To select this option, turn Auto-Invest on and set your minimum cash balance to the amount you’d like to remain in cash.
Minimum Cash Balance: $0
Trading will be initiated whenever your cash balance reaches or exceeds $25.
All cash will be invested and $0 will remain in your cash balance.
Minimum Cash Balance: $1,000
Trading will be initiated whenever your cash balance reaches or exceeds $1,025.
All cash exceeding $1,000 will be invested, and $1,000 will remain in your cash balance.
Don't Auto-Invest my cash
- With Auto-Invest turned off, M1 will never automatically invest cash.
- Deposits from your bank and paid dividends will accrue as cash in your account.
- To select this option, turn Auto-Invest off.
With Auto-Investing off, you can use the cash in your account to make buy orders for specific Pie slices or individual stocks.
To change or view your Auto-Invest, follow the steps below:
Auto-Invest settings are on the top right of the portfolio tab.
Auto-Invest settings can be accessed by scrolling up from the bottom of the portfolio screen.
All examples above are for informational purposes and should not be considered an offer to buy or sell certain stocks. M1 does not provide investment advice.