While M1 does not have realized gain information on the app itself, you can easily view this information on our clearing firm, Apex Corporation's website.
Creating an account with Apex Corporation
1. Go to https://www.apexclearing.com/ and click the "Log In" button at the top right.
2. Click the "Create a User ID" button below the "Log In" button.
3. The next screen will ask you for a Firm and an Account Number. Choose "10-Apex Clearing Corporation" for Firm and you will find your M1 account number in the settings.
4. Enter your Social Security Number to verify your identity, then click Next.
5. Provide your email address, then click Next. For simplicity, you can use the same email you use with M1.
6. Create a user ID and password that you will use exclusively with Apex Corporation to download details again in the future. Then, click Finish.
Adding multiple M1 accounts to your Apex Login
1. Click the "Apex Online Menu" at the top, then "Add Accounts"
2. To add an account, type in "10-" then your account number.
Download Realized Gains
1. Log into https://www.apexclearing.com/ with your Apex username and password (this is different than your M1 login credentials).
2. Enter your M1 account number in the search bar near the top left. To find your M1 account number you can view the M1 settings.
3. Click on the "Apex Online Menu" at the top then select "cost basis."
4. The default tab will show you the cost basis of your current unrealized gains. The "closed positions" tab near the top will show you your realized gains. Then, click the "Export to CSV" near the top right side to view this information in Excel.