As a steward of your money, M1 Finance takes security seriously. But there are a few steps you’ll want to take to protect yourself and keep your credentials safe:
- Use complicated, long passwords that contain many words and symbols.
- Make sure your password contains no personal information, including names or birthdays.
- Do not use the same password you use on another website — especially your email password.
- Never share your password.
- Utilize a password manager.
- Two factor authentication provides an extra layer of protection by requiring any person accessing your M1 account to also have access to your mobile phone.
- To enable two factor authentication go to Settings > Security.
Turn on notifications
- Utilize our mobile application to receive notifications about changes to your account. The app is available in the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Turn on your mobile notifications so you receive all notifications. If any account updates or changes happen without your knowledge, please let us know immediately at email@example.com or 888-714-6674.
Read your emails
- When changes are made to your account, you will receive confirmation via email. If any of these updates happen without your knowledge, please let us know immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-600-2883.
Check your account
- On a weekly basis, check in on your account to ensure no activity was created without your authorization. Review monthly statements for any possible inaccuracies.