At M1 Finance, your security is our priority. Here are a few additional steps you’ll want to take to keep your account safe:
- Use long, complex passwords that contain many characters and symbols.
- Make sure your password contains no personal information, including names, birthdays, or addresses.
- Do not use the same password you use on another website — especially your email password.
- Never share your password.
- Use a password manager.
Two-factor authentication (2FA)
- 2FA adds an extra layer of protection by requiring any person accessing your M1 account to also have access to your mobile phone.
Turn on notifications
- Use our mobile application to receive notifications about changes to your account. The app is available in the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Turn on your mobile notifications so you receive all notifications. If any account updates or changes happen without your knowledge, please contact us immediately.
Read your emails
When changes are made to your account, you will receive confirmation via email. If any of these updates happen without your knowledge, please contact us immediately.
Check your account
On a weekly basis, check in on your account to ensure no activity was created without your authorization. Review monthly statements for any possible inaccuracies.