When Does My Membership Renew?
M1 Plus is an annual membership that will be up for renewal on the anniversary of your M1 Plus sign-up date.
The exception to this is for any user who signed up prior to Nov. 1, 2019 while M1 Plus was still in beta. If you signed up for M1 Plus before Nov. 1, 2019, your M1 Plus membership will be up for renewal on Nov. 1, 2020.
Can’t remember when you signed up for M1 Plus? No worries! You can find your M1 Plus membership details, including your sign-up and renewal dates, under the Settings portion of your account. You will also begin receiving in-app and email notifications 14 days prior to your renewal date.
Access Settings by clicking the silhouette in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, both in the app and on the website. Make sure you click “Membership Details” to find both your sign-up and renewal date.
Will My Membership Renew Automatically?
M1 Plus Memberships will renew automatically if a payment method is on file at the time of renewal and Auto-Renewal is turned on.
If you don’t want to Auto-Renew your M1 Plus membership, you can turn Auto-Renewal “off” under Settings > Membership Details. Access Settings by clicking the silhouette in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, click “Membership Details,” and click “Turn off auto-renewal.”
Keep in mind that if you do not renew your M1 Plus membership, your benefits and membership will expire one year after you signed up for M1 Plus.
I Want to Renew My Membership! What Do I Need to Do?
- Ensure you have a valid payment method on file. To check whether you have payment info on file, go to Settings > Membership Details > Manage Billing. To add or change your payment method, click “change.” You will then be prompted to input your preferred payment method and confirm your payment.
- Ensure you have Auto-Renewal turned “on.” This setting can also be viewed under Settings > Membership Details.
- Sit back and relax! You will receive a payment confirmation within one business day of your renewal date, and you’ll be able to continue taking advantage of M1 Plus.
My Payment Failed/Declined – What Comes Next?
All users will be granted a 7-day grace period for delayed/declined payments. Seven days after the initial payment attempt, a second payment attempt will be executed.
If a valid payment method is added before the second payment attempt, you will receive a confirmation of payment within 1 business day.
If the payment fails for the second time, you will receive a lapse notification and your membership and benefits will expire immediately.
What Payment Methods Can I Use for My M1 Plus Renewal?
Valid payment methods include:
- Your M1 Spend checking account
- Credit/Debit Card payments
You will not be able to use an M1 Invest account as a payment method for M1 Plus.
All members will renew at full price. Click here for pricing information.