What is a joint account?
A Joint account is a brokerage account shared by two individuals. This allows couples, friends, and family members to have access to the same account.
Joint accounts with M1 are housed in M1 Invest as brokerage accounts.
Keep in mind:
- M1 does not offer joint checking accounts with M1 Spend
- M1 does not support LLCs
How can I open a joint account?
1. Under the “Invest” tab, click “Portfolio."
2. Click on the dropdown menu with your account name.
3. Click “Add Account."
4. Select “Joint Investing” and click “Continue."
5. Follow instructions to add a secondary account holder.
1. Tap the bars in the top left corner of your screen.
2. Tap “Add account."
3. Tap “Joint investing."
4. Follow instructions to add a secondary account holder
You will need to allow up to 24 hours after opening your initial Individual Invest account to open a Joint account.